21.4.14

RITA'S RIMMEL

Rimmel London is by far the most abundant beauty brand in my make-up bag. I especially adore their lipsticks because of their long-lasting finish and their nail varnishes for their consistency. They've never let me down - I am a firm user of Kate Moss' Rimmel lipstick - so I decided to try out the new coloured nail varnishes that Rita Ora is the face of. Besides the fact most of the colours looked identical to existing ones, two caught my eye:







After 3 coats

I've grown into wearing white a lot. Didn't really warm up to the Barry M one because in my opinion, it always takes forever to dry. But this colour was sensational. It's not pure brilliant white, slightly creamy but with a little glistened finish. Magical in the sunlight!

Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Rita RougeRimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Rita Rouge

Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Rita RougeRimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Rita Rouge
After 3 coats

I would describe this colour as a very deep red, almost chocolate but with a tinge of red.  Under natural light it appears like what is shown in the pictures, but in dim light, it can be mistaken for black which in my opinion works as the best of both worlds.

The nail polishes feature really wide brushes which make application easier and efficient which I found super helpful with creating an even spread - clumps are the absolute worst. After day 6, they've only started to chip a little at the ends which is seriously awesome as I do a fair bit of cleaning and washing up.

Forgive my messy nails, I still paint them as if I'm a toddler trying to stay within the lines of a colouring-in book.

Bottom line: I'd definitely recommend them; more than anything for the fact that they dry super fast!

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. these are gorgeous and I love how big the brushes are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both those colors so much! The deep red one especially.
    http://theleatherfannypack.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel is also one of our favourite brands! We love their lip products and eyeliners. These polishes look really promising! We love the fact that that they are so opaque. How does it wear? Does it chip after a few days?

    mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine started to chop after 6 days but I think it would last longer than that - I do domestic chores, haa! But it wears well; lovely even finish and bold colour - (I used 3 coats).
      xxxx

      Delete
  4. love both :) cute nails!!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shades, especially the second one! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh, I've been looking for a good white color!

    x Justina // www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the nail color! You can never go wrong with classic neutrals. ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so nice! I am obsessed with white nail polish!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete

© La Mode D'Emm. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig