9.3.13

Denim does grunge


Recently I've been spending more time on others blogs than my own, which is time WELL spent. I don't know how I did it, but I came across Frankie's Blog (Even Though I'm Skint - check it out and click HERE) and putting aside the multitude of inspiration she gave me, she opened me up to the style of grunge. Previously I thought grunge = black, but that's far from the truth. You can layer, mix, cut, put colours in, its just soo expressive and I really thank her for opening up my eyes!!


Here's my whole take on grunge: 








I love the gold studs on this jumper, not just because they're studs, but they reach down the sleeve as opposed to just being on the shoulder. This was bought from TKMaxx for a fair some I believe but I can't recall it right now :(
The belt is my mum's so I've no clue where this was bought, but I was SHOCKED she had something this cool within her possession. *Note to self* must raid her wardrobe.
The ensemble was looking a tad plain so I threw over the denim jacket which was bought from New Look for a cool £8. It was win-win because it added to the whole grunge look with its frayed sleeves AND denim is totally in this spring!!

What do you think? Has your perception of grunge changed?



SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Lovely photos!
    xo
    www.couturella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look :)!
    I didn't like grunge too much in the 1990's when I was a teen, but the re-take nowadays looks way better ;).
    And yup.. you should raid your mom's closet.. changes are she has more stuff from the grungy 90's :)
    xo, L
    http://rrv12.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank youu!!
    yes it looks better and there's soo many variations, its fun :)
    yes i hope she does, save me a bit'a cash also xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and take on the grunge look. I think I could add a few pieces here and there. :)
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jumper and the pics!!

    Xoxo

    Nyema

    Justnyema.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, love the jumper and great photos ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! love your cute little poses!

    xoxo
    My Blog, Blonde but not least

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish!!


    Yellow Blog [blog design] - http://yellowblog.storenvy.com
    The best deals for one-of-a-kind and non-exclusive blog designs!
    Enter our blog design Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great jeans!

    www.kholaskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. youre too cute! love the rocker vibe. keep it up!


    Blog: http://www.DryyCleanOnly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is super cool! I love how you turned your inspiration into an outfit of your own & the grunge style really suits you. You've got a lovely blog too! Definitely following you now :)

    xo, Llana
    www.chicncoveted.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing - <3 the ripped jeans, studded Jumper & denim Gilet combo!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the denim vest, and your pictures/poses are great!

    xoxo
    Rachel
    http://www.artofblank.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit and I love the sweater!

    xo
    Ame
    thatwildhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© La Mode D'Emm. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig