1.9.12

Saturday 02 September, 2012

New Beginnings


Right, so for my first post (YAY) I thought I should begin with what was my first real statement concerning my fashion.

May'10; Prom. I remember looking everywhere in London for a prom dress and just didn't see any that summed me up as an individual; they were all soo plain, non-experimental with patterns or shapes  and there always seemed to be an element which was overdone and just degraded the overall quality of the dress. So I took to the internet and came across the HA-mazing webiste E-Dressit (www.edressit.com). They had some amazing dresses which really looked like the real ones which as we ALL know are worth a couple thousands. 

I really liked a Marchesa dress Katy Perry wore to the MTV Europe Music Awards in 2009 and fell head over heels in love for the more affordable replica sold at E-Dressit, although it still left a mighty dent in my bank account (or my mum's ;).
Belle of the ball: Singer and presenter Katy Perry arrives for the 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards in Berlin

After 2 orders and a very nervous wait as I thought it wouldn't arrive on time, IT DID! 




The above 4 pictures are a narrowed down selection of nearly a 100 pictures taken the same night. I thought these 4 photos best showed off the fitting, detail, design and shape of the dress. The black flower pattern in lace which ran down the right hand side of the dress was soo exquisite and eye catching, I was set apart from the rest of the crowd. I didn't carry a clutch as I didn't want attention to be diverted from the dress. I simply assessorized with a silver bracelet, a silver ring (which I have no clue of its whereabouts now) and drop curly earrings, all from New Look.


Okay, so i took a couple 'close up' pictures just so you could truly appreciate the attention to detail which is embedded in this gorgeous dress. The train was long but flowed so elegantly; the one shoulder strap was beautifully embroidered with jewels and the same delicate flowery lace pattern which ran down the side of the dress as mentioned earlier.

Even better news you could own the same dress for a fraction of the price I bought it at 2 years ago on the same website should you have a prom or evening do nearing on the calender :)


How would you have worn the dress?
How would you have accessorised the dress?




SHARE:

2 comments

© La Mode D'Emm. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig